Thank you for donating items to Mountain Home. We are always in need of the following items.
Want to easily donate items without having to shop or drop off? Visit our Amazon Wishlist today!
- Diapers of all sizes
- Pull-ups of all sizes
- Unopened packages of baby wipes
- Unopened containers of formula
- Diaper rash ointment
- Child safety gadgets
- Plastic hangers
- Mattress protectors- queen size
- Pillows- standard size
- Sheet sets- queen size
- Comforter sets- queen size
- Bath Towels, hand towels, and washcloths
- Bathtub non-slip mat
- Toilet paper
- Tri-fold paper towels
- Disinfectant wipes
- Facial tissue
- Gas cards
- Phone cards (Straight Talk)
- Grocery store gift cards
Clothes & Household Goods
Mountain Home Montana gratefully accepts gently used donations that can be given to residents and their children or that can be sold through Rattle n’ Roll, our used baby clothes mobile store, to support programs. All donations to Mountain Home Montana are tax-deductible and staff will provide a donation receipt if requested.
Donations can be made at Mountain Home Montana, located at 2606 South West Avenue, from 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. Donations can be dropped off at the entrance on South Avenue.
Please do not leave a donation without speaking to staff.
We typically accept the following items:
- Gently used baby clothes and items including bathtubs, strollers, and bassinets
- Breastfeeding supplies (pumps, pads, bras, bags)
- Gently used clothing and accessories for young women
- Fashion maternity clothes for young women
- Paper products including toilet paper and paper towels
- Children’s books and learning activities
- Plates, bowls, glasses, silverware, utensils
- Small appliances (toasters, blenders, coffee pots)
It is hard to say no to donations when many young mothers and their children are in need, but certain items cannot be accepted due to health hazards, safety regulations, or high disposal costs.
We cannot accept the following items unless we are actively seeking them for a family or unit:
- Stuffed animals
- Cribs manufactured before 2011, including drop-side cribs. (Information on crib safety)
- Car seats
- Men’s clothing
- Large appliances (refrigerators, ovens, stoves, etc.)
- Large furniture (bed frames, couches, tables, etc.)
- Televisions and computer monitors
While Mountain Home Montana cannot accept these items, please consider donating these items to other local organizations that could make great use of them including YWCA Secret Seconds, Watson’s Children Shelter, or Home ReSource.
If you have a vehicle, truck, or boat that you would like to donate to benefit Mountain Home Montana, please contact CARS, Inc. online at http://careasy.org/nonprofit/mountain-home-montana or by phone at 855-500-RIDE.