If you have a vehicle, truck, or boat that you would like to donate to benefit Mountain Home Montana, please contact CARS, Inc. online at http://careasy.org/nonprofit/mountain-home-montana or by phone at 855-500-RIDE.
Clothes & Household Goods
Mountain Home Montana gratefully accepts gently used donations that can be given to residents and their children or that can be sold in the Baby Boutique to support programs. All donations to Mountain Home Montana are tax deductible and staff will provide a donation receipt if requested.
Donations can be made at Mountain Home Montana, located at 2606 South West Avenue, from 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. Donations can be dropped off at the entrance on South Avenue.
Please do not leave a donation without speaking to staff.
We accept the following items:
- Unopened packages of wipes
- Unopened containers of formula
- Gently used baby clothes and items including bathtubs, strollers, and bassinets
- Baby toys that are not broken or missing pieces
- Breastfeeding supplies (pumps, pads, bags)
- Gently used clothing and accessories for young women
- Fashion Maternity clothes for young women
- Paper products including toilet paper and paper towels
- Linens including blankets, bed sheets, towels, and curtains
- Children’s books
- Small appliances (toasters, blenders)
It is hard to say no to donations when many young mothers and their children are in need, but certain items cannot be accepted due to health hazards, safety regulations, or high disposal costs.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Stuffed animals
- Cribs manufactured before 2011, including drop-side cribs. (Information on crib safety)
- Car seats
- Men’s clothing
- Large appliances (refrigerators, ovens, stoves)
- Large furniture (bed frames, couches, tables)
- Televisions and computer monitors
While Mountain Home Montana cannot accept these items, please consider donating these items to other local organizations that could make great use of them including YWCA Secret Seconds, Watson’s Children Shelter, or Home ReSource.