Supported Employment Program
Supported Employment & Education Program staff help young mothers through every stage of landing a job and keeping it, furthering their education, or both! Employment staff meet with managers and business owners in the Missoula community to learn about hiring needs and create long-lasting relationships. Our employment program follows the Individualized Placement and Support evidence-based model to offer time-unlimited supports including:
- Exploring employment and education goals
- Creating a resume and cover letter
- Practicing interview skills
- Completing job applications
- Touring Missoula College, the University of Montana, and other schools
- Finding childcare
- Planning for transportation needs
- Developing a household budget
- Applying for financial aid
- And more based on the client’s specific employment and education interests.
To work with Supported Employment & Education staff, all clients must be meeting with a case manager at Mountain Home or another mental health clinic in the community.